It’s podcast time! Today, it’s all about how to get out of your head and into action.
This podcast is for the planners, the researchers, the people who need to know every little thing before taking the smallest step forward. (I know, because I’m one of them.)
- If you have something you want to do (shoot a film, do a show, whatever)—SET A DATE. Before you do anything, set the date as a target. Your conscious and subconscious mind will go to work to make that happen.
- If you’re stuck and feeling overwhelmed, just do the ABSOLUTE next step. Forget the whole game plan. Just that one thing you need to do.
- If there’s something you don’t know how to do, find someone who can. Hire them, partner with them—there are thousands, if not millions of people, that can have that skill.
- Perfection is the enemy of the good. If your first effort isn’t great, who cares? Make the next one better.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s easy to be a critic, but you can’t create if you’re constantly judging yourself. There’s no need to be precious about your work. What’s in your head is not better than the real product.